We are Scotland tourism destination experts. We offer a variety of business services such as tourism project support, copywriting, editing, website creation and SEO.
- Need business support for a new tourism initiative?
- Need well-written copy for a newsletter or brochure?
- Need a press release written in a hurry?
- Need a simple website? (that you can understand, edit and manage yourself)
- Need an editor who is patient, thorough and very experienced?
- Need better web copy (that is search engine optimised), we understand the importance of natural and well written keyword researched copy.
- Need a script for a tour bus commentary or even a play or an entire book manuscript?
- Need a review of a visitor attraction or new accommodation product?
- Need someone who knows where to put the apostrophe in the right place?
- Need a sound bite on Scottish tourism? - we are experienced at giving media interviews.
- Need a media trip or travel trade familiarisation trip organised ?
- Need support from a tourism team who really know about Scotland - the wildlife, the mountains, the food, the hotels, the islands, the flora, the languages, the history, the clans, the folklore, the traditional music and the arts.
Read more business testimonials here.
We are Gilbert and Johanna Summers - a Scottish husband and wife team specialising in tourism project support such as marketing and PR, copy writing , editing and web content advice. We have a great deal of knowledge about Scottish tourism and small business needs.
We live and work in the coastal village of Portgordon on the Moray Firth coast - but we travel all over Scotland on a regular basis and our clients are located throughout Scotland and beyond.
Tourism Project Support
We have a wealth of experience in the Scottish tourism industry. We have worked in tourist information centres, managed and marketed visitor attractions (Macduff Marine Aquarium and Edinburgh Zoo for example), been personal driver-guides, created many websites, written many guide books, interpretative panels, walking trails, brochures, website copy, leaflets, information for apps and even a play!
We take great care with all our clients - offering them a personal and dedicated service. We promise that what we offer you is grounded and practical - as well as creative - and no waffle!
- The Steamship Sir Walter Scot Ltd - stayed in new eco-lodges, wrote a feature for launch day and then review articles and blog post on our website.
- VisitBritain - food and drink themed itinerary planning for Chinese media influencers
- Midlothian & Borders Tourism Action Group - MBTAG - copywriting for an online training course.
- Ann Stewart / STGA guide - website creation. www.comeseescotland.com
- Trademark Vacations - Scotland trip planning support.
- Hammond Charcuterie - site redesign - move to an ecommerce platform
- Northern Edge Coffee - SEO support
- MoraySpeyside - Expo 2017 - copywriting project.
Some of our past clients & projects:
- Go to St Kilda Tours - copy writing for their 2015 brochure
- Moray Firth Partnership - guidebook copy.
- BordersRailway (Scottish Borders Council, Midlothian Council and City of Edinburgh Council) - web copy itineraries for railway launch.
- Scottish Borders Council - tourism-related copywriting services for their Economic Development Dept 2017.
- VisitBritain - media trip planning and specialist driver-guiding services.
- Eyemouth Rib Trips - website planning and support.
- Celebrated Experiences - driver-guiding and itinerary planning services.
- Gunsgreen House Trust - PR & marketing & website support
- Business Gateway - Scottish Borders Council - copywriting (travel trade itineraries)
- Landmark Press ( welcometoscotland.com) - copywriting.
- Friends of Loch Lomond - copywriting.
- Colin Baxter Photography - copywriting.
- VisitScotland Consumer PR - media trip planning and driver-guiding
- Ettrick and Yarrow Community Development Project 2013- Southern Uplands Partnership - copywriting.
- Love Loch Lomond - PR support and copywriting.
- Sustaining Dunbar - one-day PR training
- The Cateran Trail (Perth and Kinross Countryside Trust) - copywriting.
- Perth & Kinross Council - copywriting.
- National Geographic Assignment - winter photo-shoot planning and guiding
- Crieff and Strathearn Drovers Walking Festival - copywriting.
- MediaCo - copywriting.
- William Grant and Sons Distillers Ltd - planned incentive tour of Speyside for international distributors visit.
- Blairgowrie and East Perthshire Tourist Association - copywriting.
If it exists in Scotland and has any kind of tourism connection, then we’ll know about it, almost certainly have visited it, probably written about it and promoted it and even guided film crews, travel trade groups, private clients and travel journalists there.
Everything we do is based on our extensive product knowledge and experience of Scotland and Scottish tourism. We supply our clients with sound and well-researched copy on Scotland. We know about all aspects of Scotland and Scottish tourism from the sharp end. We get our facts right.
Do get in touch if you think we can help your business or organisation.